Based in Klang Valley, Up to RM12,000
Objective of the Position:
- Overall in charge of site works delegated to him by the Construction Manager. Plan, organise, implement, monitor and take corrective actions if necessary in Manager for works delegated to him in accordance with approved works programme. Supervision of works delegated to the Site Engineers / Supervisors.
- To supervise and guide engineers in the team and ensure that the design review team are aware of and have a common understanding of their respective roles and responsibilities.
- To assist client to plan and develop design consultant contracts including activities related to or interfacing with the design consultant’s work.
- Oversee prequalification, preparation and review of Term of Reference (TOR’s) and submission of proposal and award process.
- Review and certify design change orders and approvals coming from the design consultants.
- To manage designs and drawing production works to ensure completion of the project within the Company budget and time frame.
- To coordinate with the design team members on the design issues.
- To monitor, report and introduce control mechanisms related to works performance in the conduct of design programs according to the established packaging strategy, including adherence to schedule, cost, and standards codes, design coordination activities, and the production of construction tender documentation which would include securing appropriate approvals from the Client and assistance to the Client as they secure local regulatory approvals.
- To oversee the review process, administration and expediting of the design phase of the works, specialist design review and design package development reviews, evaluations and updates.
- To liaise with authorities, clients, consultants, site project team and other related Department.
- To setup, lead and take minutes for weekly/monthly design review and coordination technical meetings with client, consultant and technical meetings if required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Degree in Engineering Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum 15 years working experience with progressively more responsible exposure to design, cost, sequence, logistics and field installations of M&E systems or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision and multitasking.
- Analytical, energetic and highly motivated.
Interested applicants, please email your updated resume in MS Word format to Vern Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org), stating your availability, current and expected salaries. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.