Based in KL, Up to RM13,000
Objective of the Position:
- This opportunity would be ideal for an Architect who wants to work in a collaborative environment where they will be given the opportunity to take responsibility throughout the full design lifecycle. The team works on various projects with particular emphasis on the Rail sector and progressing construction work on site. International project experience would be useful, preferably in SE Asia as well as having site experience.
- • Undertake architectural design associated with railway projects for both underground and elevated rail systems in accordance with best international practice to achieve a high level and quality of design and finishes.
• To carry out checks of architectural designs prepared within the design team and co-ordinate designs and submissions by architectural consultants and others.
• Lead and monitor architectural design where appropriate and deliver to Quality, Time and Cost.
• Interface and co-ordination with client, authorities, civil and structural and M&E engineers, consultants and subcontractors and operational site staff.
• Manage changes to the Project scope and liaise with subcontractors and Supervising Consultants.
• Report to the Lead Architect and his superiors.
- Min 5 years working experience in the same field.
- An Architect with relevant and appropriate experience within a building or rail environment
- Experience working with or for a contractor would be useful
- Experience resolving practical construction issues which should demonstrate a good understanding of construction detailing.
- Experience of working in a Multi-Discipline environment and has a good understanding of co-ordination interfaces with other disciplines
- Essential to have experience in computer aided design and able to use AutoCad 2D and 3D, Sketchup and a knowledge and understanding of, if not a capability to use BIM, Revit.
- A competent user of IT tools, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Able to use Photo editing software
- Familiar working in a heavily regulated environment such as Rail
- Experience in managing or leading architectural design of projects and managing and mentoring less experienced staff
- Good command of English Language and an effective communicator both written and oral.
- Good presentational skills
- Must work well with others within a multidisciplinary environment and be capable of liaising directly with clients, consultants and contractors.